Toyota Operates a Six+ Sigma System. Toyota:
- has Profound Knowledge of every process in the company,
- competes by maximizing Operational Excellence,
- 10 of 15 cars held for 15 years by the original owner were Toyota’s,
- Decreases Supplier cost year over year
Lean Six Sigma is part of the Toyota Production System (TPS) but, TPS is so much more than Lean Six Sigma. TPS is a complete system that engulfs the company, its suppliers, and its customers. You can approach TPS utilizing Lean Six Sigma but alone, it will not get you all the way there.
- Determine and Publicize Roles and Responsibilities for ALL employees
- Define Value – what adds value to the customer and what doesn’t
- Map the Value Stream – this gives you a view from customer order to delivery
- Flow Where You Can, Pull Where You Must -Flow is the goal. It means that product travels from station to station without hesitation. Pull is driven from a customer order and replaces Push which is much less efficient.
- Seek Perfection using Continuous Improvement – now that you are optimized, use Improvement Kata to continuously improve by averaging 11 ideas by every person per year.
Improve Your System, Using the Tools of The Toyota Production System, a 6+ Sigma System
Transform your System to 6+ Sigma with Profound Knowledge of all your processes. Constantly remove waste or fat. Take your system to 6+ Sigma and the market leadership of Toyota::
Manufacturing Improvement requires a constant march upward of Sigma Improvement. Seek Perfection and constantly remove waste.
What businesses call fat is what Lean Six Sigma refers to as waste, and businesses are full of it. If you operate like Toyota, you constantly get rid of fat, march towards perfection, build a culture of winning.
Europeans Using Single-Payer operate at a cost of 9% of GDP. Americans operate at 17% of GDP. Is that sustainable? Get a jump on being the best, least costly, and Leanest Healthcare Provider. Seek Perfection, create a winning culture, decrease HAIs, and expand surgeries.
Government & Military Improvement: Advance to Excellence
Make the Government and Military agile and robust with Lean Six Sigma. Increase process velocity and quality, while simultaneously reducing cost. Optimize Supply Chain deliveries to Just-in-Time and build a culture of excellence.
Hospitals are complex and slow to change in an environment of rapid change, Pandemics, and future radical changes such as Single-Payer. Hospitals must become agile, robust, and lean, to survive. Lean Six Sigma and the Tools of the Toyota Production System can lead you into the future.
Build Your Lean Production System, Replace Mass Production
Throw away the inventory burdened Mass Production and move to Lean Production. Connect Production to customers. Integrate closer to Suppliers.
Continuous Improvement. Seek Perfection by Applying 11 Ideas/Person/Year to Your System
This Continuous Improvement Methodology directs 100% of change to a Business Vision or Challenge. Utilize the full power of your employee’s intellect.
The best systems excel by focusing on Operational Excellence, Customer Intimacy, or Innovation. The greatest companies focus on two or three areas. Use the innovation Methodology of Silicon Valley.
Profound Knowledge means understanding the performance, cost, and quality of every process in your system. Toyota does, and it is one reason they have the Leading Automobile Manufacturing System.
Investopedia: Operations management is the administration of business practices to create the highest level of efficiency possible within an organization. See how Toyota operates to become Number 1.
Great System Hallmarks: